Fermented Cabbage and Beets. I'm loving the art of fermentation these days! The process is so much fun and easy to do. Try this simple slaw for an amazing probiotic treat!
5 Medium Sized Carrots
3 Medium Sized Beets
1 Nappa Cabbage
1 Bunch Scallions
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
3 Tbsp. Salt
1. I find it best to julienne all of the vegetables first. Use a mandoline if you have one. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl while wearing gloves. Really work all of the ingredients in together. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
2. Sterilize a 64 Oz. mason jar by boiling it for 5-10 minutes. Allow the jar to air dry.
3. Transfer the slaw into the jar and cover with an air lock. If you don't have one simply put the lid on loosely.
4. Set the jar in a dark area at room temperature and allow to ferment for 3-4 days. If using just a lid be sure to burp the jar once a night as the gasses will build up from the fermentation process.
5. Chill the slaw and enjoy as an amazing side dish.
Tags: Fermented Cabbage and Beets, probiotics, how to ferment, fermentation process, how to ferment cabbage, how to ferment beets, how to ferment vegetables, fermented cabbage, fermented beets, fermented vegetables, how to make vegetable slaw, how to make fermented foods, lactobacillus, kimchi, pickle, pickles, probiotic food, preserved food, lactic acid, healthy beat recipe, vegan recipe, vegetarian recipe, sauerkraut, 4k, 4k videos