Fermented Food Kimchi | Good Gut Bacteria | Probiotic |. If you want healthy gut bacteria you found the right recipe. Kimchi is tasty, colorful, and introduces a ton of good bacteria in your diet! I show you how to ferment your own at home.
1 large napa cabbage
4-5 tbsp Dried shrimp
1/4 cup Red chili powder
5 cloves Garlic (minced )
4 tbsp Ginger (minced)
3-4 large Scallions
1 cup bottled water
1.5 tbsp Kosher Salt for every lb of cabbage
3-4 Fresh hot chilis
1/2 Daikon radish
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1) Rinse cabbage. Cut into quarters and remove the core and base. chop into small strips. Kosher Salt generously. 1.5 tbsp for every lb of cabbage (too much salt is okay, to little is dangerous) Massage kosher salt into cabbage pieces.
2) In a large steel bowl mix together: Dried shrimp, chili powder, garlic, ginger, scallions, 1/4 cup of the bottled water, add the optional ingredients as well.
3) Mix the ingredients so it forms a paste. Add the cabbage and make sure all the pieces are coated.
4) Fill a clean jar with the coated cabbage. Add the remaining water and firmly push the cabbage under the waterline. Cover loosely with a towel. (note: Leaving open to air will encourage the growth of yeast. Harmless, but unwanted in most cases. This can be prevented by tightly sealing out any air. If you choose to do this, periodically releases the pressure that will build up as it ferments. Otherwise, the pressure will cause the jar to break for blow up from the pressure)
5) Allow the jar to sit in a room temp, dry, dark area for 1-2 weeks depending on the level of fermentation desired. Periodically push the cabbage under the brine if it flotes.
6) Inspect the top layer, if white slim has formed, chances are it is yeast. Common and harmless. Usually, it will smell lightly of bread or beer. If however, it has a foul smell, fuzz, spots, different colors, and/or black ANYWHERE in the jar, it must be thrown out. Even a little mold can be toxic.
7) Finish by placing the kimchi in a new jar, with a tight lid. Place in the refrigerator to stop the fermentation process. Enjoy!
Dried small shrimp: https://amzn.to/2IDoFd6
Dried Chili Pepper: https://amzn.to/2s0IOOT
Need a product featured in my video? Find it here! (below)
The Keto Chef Amazon Store:
Music: LAKEY INSPIRED
Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/lakeyinspired
Business Email: Kuhar.Rob@gmail.com
Tags: Fermented Food Kimchi | Good Gut Bacteria | Probiotic |, the keto chef rob, Rob, Keto, Ketogenic, Low carb, Keto Rob, Probiotic, fermented food, fermented cabbage, kimchi, healthy gut recipes, probiotic recipes, fermented keto food, keto gut health, low carb kimchi, gut, gut bacteria, healthy, recipe, kimchi recipe, how to make kimchi, how to make kimchi no sugar, koran food, koran keto, keto spicy food, low carb fermented food, healthy fermented food